|Ruscombe Brook Summer 2011|
RUSCOMBE BROOK ACTION GROUP: CONSTITUTION
This constitution was adopted on 6th July 2005.
1. The group shall be called the Ruscombe Brook Action Group
2. The aims of the group are to enable our community to maximise the quality and biodiversity of the Ruscombe Brook.
3. To fulfill this aim: (a) undertake an assessment of the problems related to the brook, (b) raise awareness about the issues relating to water quality of the brook, (c) work with others to find ways to improve water quality and reduce flooding, (d) other activities that further the aims or for the benefit of the group, shall be undertaken from time to time as the members see fit.
4. The area served is principally Randwick and Whiteshill and Ruscombe Parishes, but projects and the members may undertake activities elsewhere as seen fit.
- The membership shall be open to anyone interested in the work of the group and pays the membership fee (amended Sept 2009 to 'The membership shall be open to anyone interested in the work of the group and registers as a member with the secretary of the group').
- The treasurer will keep a register of members names and addresses (amended Sept 2009 to 'The treasurer and/or secretary will keep a register of members names and addresses ').
- Membership can be terminated if a member dies, resigns by written notice, fails to pay membership dues or the organisation ceases. A member can also be removed by a resolution at a meeting, if this is in the best interests of the organisation. The resolution can only be passed if the member has been given 21 days notice and the member or their representative has been given the opportunity to make representations to the meeting.
6. The group will hold regular meetings organised by elected officers of the group, to discuss policy and administration of the Ruscombe Brook Action Group. All members shall be entitled to attend, and these meetings will be publicised. An annual general meeting will be held each year and not more than 15 months may elapse between successive annual general meetings. Individuals who are not members of the group can be invited to attend group meetings if their participation is seen as being in line with the group's aims and by agreement from the group. However these 'guests' will not have voting rights.
7. For group meetings to be held a minimum of three group members must be present making the meeting quorate ie having the necessary number of people present to allow decisions to be made.
8. Such officers shall be appointed as are required to conduct the administration of the organisation. These shall include a chair, secretary and treasurer. These officers shall be in charge of the day to day running of the organisation, but shall be answerable to meetings of members.
9. The accounts shall be kept by the treasurer and approved at members’ meetings. Before the Annual General Meeting groups accounts will have to be drawn up in collaboration with the Chair.
10. If the group shall by consent of it’s members, cease to exist, all assets shall pass to the Ruscombe Valley Action Group, and if they have ceased to exist, to the Whiteshill and Ruscombe Parish Council.